[lca2018-chat] The Tomu in your Welcome Pack

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Mon Jan 22 17:02:38 AEDT 2018

If you are interested in learning more about the hardware factory testing
(and how Sean is trying to apply open source principles to it), you should
go to Sean's talk Friday 2:35 p.m.–3:20 p.m. in Guthrie Theatre CB06.03.28
- https://rego.linux.conf.au/schedule/presentation/64/

As an open source, community project I have the following challenges for
the LCA attendees;

 (a) Find out how to upgrade the Tomu to the new DFU firmware and then help
3 other people also upgrade their Tomu.

 (b) Load the U2F firmware onto your Tomu and test it with your favourite
site. Help audit and improve the source code.

 (c) Help write "Getting the developer environment set up" instructions for
your favourite OS (it should just be a recent ARM bare metal GCC). Who's
going to do BeOS? :-P

 (d) Organise a BOF, have a development party and generally help get people
excited about the project.

 (e) Share the project with 2 other people who would be interested in it
but are not at the conference.

I created the Tomu project because I believed that a hobbyist should be
able to do things like this and to help make U2F more accessible. Sean
picked up the production and crowd funding to make it possible for people
to get them easily. Many others have contributed software, docs and
expertise. What will you do?

We have even more Tomu boards available and contributing is a great way to
get some more boards for cool hacks or to share with friends and family.
Let's put a computer in every USB port!

Lastly, if you don't think you will use your Tomu, give it to someone you
think who will. Looking forward to all the cool things you will do!

Tim 'mithro' Ansell