[lca2018-chat] Newcomers Welcome Session

Hugh Blemings hugh at blemings.org
Sat Jan 20 12:04:59 AEDT 2018

Hi,

For those of you that are new/new-ish to linux.conf.au we will be
hosting the (somewhat) traditional Newcomers Welcome Session at 4pm on
Sunday afternoon in the Great Hall of the main conference venue.

The session will share some hints and tips for getting the most out of
your LCA experience as well as a little of the events history, presented
by a small panel of experts and yours truly.

We expect to finish by 5pm at which point it is likely that folk that so
wish to can repair to a suitable venue for further discourse, food
and/or beverages.

At the time of writing we're awaiting details on the location for this
but it'll be convenient to the conference venue. This after gathering
isn't an official LCA thing as such, just a suggestion for a common
meeting point :)

If you can't make the Newcomers Welcome Session for some reason don't
worry overmuch - the official conference open on Monday morning will
give you the key things you need to know.

Cheers,
Hugh