[lca2018-chat] Request for friends travelling from US to LCA

Joel Wirāmu Pauling joel at aenertia.net
Thu Jan 4 15:57:24 AEDT 2018

Pro-tip ; recycle packaging and boxes keep only manuals. Take a photo of
box before recycling.

All it takes is one irate customs official to decide they don't like the
look of you and they can arbitrarily decide to charge you duty,  require
you unlock/turn on and demonstrate laptops,phones and cloud
accounts/storage.

Both NZ and AU have implemented some of the broadest border seizure
controls under the guise of anti-piracy and terrorism laws in the last
decade.

The US is awful, well NZ and Australian border officials have just as much
if not more legal power - it's just not quite as stressed in public rage.

To be honest tho, just don't bring anything that is remotely
food/wood/plant related you probably will be fine.

-Joel