[lca2018-chat] Request for friends travelling from US to LCA

Arjen Lentz arjen at openstem.com.au
Thu Jan 4 15:02:30 AEDT 2018

Hi Duncan

> I usually try to have "something to declare" because I have found those lines to
> be shorter ;)

True too!

FYI all, I wasn't asking anything edgy.
Having travelled widely, I'm well aware of how things work.

For reference of the AU duty free concession rules, see
  https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Ente/Duty-Free-concessions

You'll note the point on items that have been owned/used for some time (no issue bringing in and taking out), so that will include any laptop, tablet, phone and camera unless they're particularly brand-spanking new.

Other items (e.g. brandnew stuff) has a limit of AUD 900 per person for anyone 18+yo, specifically including cameras and electronic equipment.

Regards,
Arjen.