[lca2018-chat] Android Scheduler / app for LinuxConf ?

Joel Addison joel at addison.net.au
Wed Jan 17 16:38:29 AEDT 2018

> On 17 Jan 2018, at 3:23 pm, Wilmer van der Gaast <wilmer at gaast.net> wrote:
>
> Paul Foxworthy (paul at cohsoft.com.au) wrote:
>>
>> The app is Giggity:
>>
>> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.gaast.giggity
>> https://github.com/Wilm0r/giggity
>>
> HEh, thanks for posting this before I could get to it :-)
>
> THe .ics URL from last year does seem to now contain this year's
> schedule, so that's great. It's still listed in the initial menu, even.
>
> I kinda intend to spend some time writing a scraper and generate a more
> proper Pentabarf/FRab-style XML file with better metadata and other
> advantages like not sentence-length room names, the rooms being in
> the same order every day, etc.
>
> (If anybody has access to the original schedule data in a better format
> than HTML I'd love to get a copy by the way. Writing HTML scrapers is
> not my favourite of things.)
>

> Wilmer v/d Gaast.

You might like to try the JSON feed - https://rego.linux.conf.au/schedule/conference.json <https://rego.linux.conf.au/schedule/conference.json>

Source for the conference site is available at https://gitlab.com/LCA2018/symposion_app <https://gitlab.com/LCA2018/symposion_app>, so if there is something else you would like to see, please send through a pull request :)

Joel