[lca2018-chat] Confirmation of details - the conference is almost here!

Bruce Crawley bruce at lca2018.org
Wed Jan 17 11:31:16 AEDT 2018

On 2018-01-17 11:21, linuxconf at raf.org wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The boarding pass page claims that the wiki has information
> about finding the check-in desk but I couldn't find it anywhere.
> I don't even know which of the many UTS buildings the conference
> is in, just that it is on the main campus somewhere.
>
> cheers,
> raf

The check-in desk will be outside the Great Hall in Building 1. We will
have posters and signs up with arrows starting from Sunday. The check-in
desk will open between 3pm-5pm on Sunday for anyone who is around and
wants to collect their conference badge early. Otherwise it will be open
each day from 8am. The boarding passes that you receive make the
check-in and badge collection process easier. If for any reason you
don't have it with you then the people on the desk can look you up
manually and sort you out, if required.

The conference is spread over a few buildings. All of the room numbers
are listed at the top of the columns on
https://rego.linux.conf.au/schedule/main/

UTS have an interactive and searchable map system if you want to check
it out here: http://wayfinding.uts.edu.au/

We'll get some more updates to the wiki happening soon. Unless someone
out in the community wants to do that for us? (the wiki is editable by
attendees).

Regards

Bruce Crawley