[lca2018-chat] Cycling Facilities - Rail Strike

Bruce Crawley bruce at lca2018.org
Wed Jan 17 11:03:23 AEDT 2018

Hi Anthony

Thanks for flagging this! We had been keeping an eye on developments in
regards to public transport.

Our current understanding is that the full strike action will take place
on Monday the 29th, which is after the conference.

However on Thursday the 25th there may also be some disruptions to
trains due to staff not doing any overtime on that day. Although i can't
find a link to an article that says that at this time, and that may have
changed due to the strike action.

If you are using trains during the week please just keep an ear out and
be aware of alternate ways of getting around.

Regards

Bruce Crawley