[lca2018-chat] Font used to render badge?

Shaun Walker shaun at theshaun.com
Mon Jan 8 23:40:45 AEDT 2018

Pity, I quite liked the ones from last year, so many great approaches to
visualing things on badges, but certainly understand the cost of colour vs
black ink!

Cheers,
Shaun

---
Shaun Walker
Web Developer / Software Developer
Mobile: 0437 3523 39
Web: http://theshaun.com
Twitter: @theshaun

On 8 Jan. 2018 23:35, "James Polley" <jamezpolley at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 6:28 PM, Daniel Sobey <dns at dns.id.au> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> Just wondering what font will be used to render the conference badges.
> I can see in the preview that that some emoji do work but when I try and
> enter the flag for Australia it does not render.

That's a really good question, I'm open to suggestions. Hoping to have this
nailed down next weekend.

Even if it does render, the printing is going to be black-and-white, so the
flag isn't going to be particularly noticeably Australian anyway.

For now, https://rego.linux.conf.au/tickets/mybadge.png probably gives you
the best idea about what would come out of we printed it today, but I hope
to improve that if I can figure out how to improve the rendering.

Suggestions (and patches) welcome.