[lca2018-announce] Penguin Dinner

John K john at lca2018.org
Tue Jan 23 16:20:13 AEDT 2018

Hi,

The main conference event, Penguin Dinner, brings together Speakers, Professional and Hobbyist delegates and their families for a memorable night of food, drink, conversation and relationships. Penguin Dinner tickets are included in the registration for Speakers and Professional Delegates, and Hobbyist Delegates are able to purchase Penguin Dinner tickets during registration.

The Penguin Dinner will be held at The Australian National Maritime Museum in nearby Darling Harbour on Wednesday the 24th of January from 6:30pm - 8:30pm. The venue will close at 10pm.

Travel:
You will need to make your own way to the venue - it is approx 25 minute walk from UTS.
If you don't know the way the conference team and volunteers will be leaving in groups from the back of CB01 on Alumni Green, carrying blue balloons. We'll be leaving progressively between 5:30 and 6pm.
We recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes on Wednesday

Accessibility:
If you are unable to walk that distance, we've arranged alternative transport to the venue. A bus will leave from Alumni Green (corner Jones St and Thomas St) at 5:45pm. If you need additional arrangements then please reach out to the conference team via email to team at lca2018.org

Public Transport:
Sydney public transport can also help you get to the venue. Be mindful - it is peak hour.
The 501 bus departs Thomas St behind UTS
Multiple buses depart UTS on Broadway and can take you to Town Hall. It's a short downhill/flat walk to the venue.
Sydney trains can take you to Town Hall. It's a short downhill/flat walk to the venue.

Maps:
Google Maps: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Australian+National+Maritime+Museum
OpenStreetMaps: https://osm.org/go/uN~RMLwB0-

We look forward to seeing you there!