[fpga-miniconf] Major merges! -- Lots of new features....

Tim 'mithro' Ansell me at mith.ro
Tue Jan 30 04:23:44 AEDT 2018

Hi Jason (and anyone else reading this),

Most of the discussion around LiteX happens on the #timvideos IRC channel
(on freenode) at the moment. I would highly recommend lurking if you are
already on IRC.

There are a couple of low traffic mailing lists which might be good to join,
 * HDMI2USB Mailing list -- The LiteX-BuildEnv we used at the hackfest was
developed for the HDMI2USB project, so that list could be useful ->
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hdmi2usb
 * FuPy Mailing List -- If you are interested in running MicroPython on
LiteX, then the FuPy mailing list should be interesting ->
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/fupy
 * Linux on LiteX Mailing List -- If you are interested in running Linux on
LiteX, then the Linux on LiteX mailing list should be interesting ->
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/linux-litex

I will probably create a "litex-buildenv" mailing list sometime in the near
future, but for the moment it doesn't exist. Will announce it here if I do.

For my information, Jason -- what are you most interested in helping out?

A couple of areas we really could use help are;
 (a) Improving both the Linux drivers for LiteX peripherals and QEmu
emulation of LiteX peripherals (plus getting them upstream).
 (b) Now the FPGA Miniconf is over, the prework instructions need to also
be moved from the Google Doc at https://j.mp/pre-fpga-lca2018 into the wiki
here -> https://github.com/timvideos/litex-buildenv/wiki and made more
generic (IE not specific to the Digilent Arty board).
 (c) Get all the pmod peripherals in the Miniconf's "Goodie" pack working
with good examples.
 (d) Clean up and rewrite of the shell scripts + makefile + Python script
mess with something cleaner and more robust (maybe something with meson or
waf, bitbake, docker, etc).

Looking forward to any contribution you are able to make but understand if
it you don't end up with time to do anything!

Tim 'mithro' Ansell