[fpga-miniconf] litevideo VGA on arty WIP

Florent Kermarrec f.kermarrec at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 21:12:23 AEDT 2018

> So, I just need to do something like:
> https://github.com/futaris/litex-buildenv/blob/master/
> targets/nexys_video/video.py#L128

Yes you can do that.

> Is this the best documentation on how the mmcm & clocking works on
> Artix-7?
> https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_
> guides/ug472_7Series_Clocking.pdf

That's the right document.

> HDMI/DVI clocks 10 times faster for the pixels, compared to the main
> clock, right?
>

> VGA clocks once per pixel, so I will probably have to modify that.

In both case we are outputing the pixel clock. Just that for HDMI/DVI data
are serialized and use 10b/8b so yes 10 times faster than clock.

> Can I hard code the pixel clock in the gateware, rather than use the pix
> clock?

Yes you can, just set the default parameters of this MMCME2_ADV to the
values you want:
https://github.com/enjoy-digital/litevideo/blob/master/litevideo/output/hdmi/s7.py#L100

Florent