[lca2018-chat] Time in lieu for public holiday?

Jessica Smith jessica at itgrrl.com
Tue Jan 23 09:27:18 AEDT 2018

Hi Cera /waves

I’ve self-funded as a hobbyist, as LCA isn’t really closely linked to the
work I do. In previous years I’ve taken annual leave to attend, but this
year I’ve been granted the time I’m taking as accruing to work hours. I’m
not claiming the public holiday since work is part-funding the masters im
about to start on.

If they weren’t making that contribution and LCA was more closely aligned
with my work, I would be looking for the whole 5 days to be considered work
time and would claim a day in lieu of the public holiday.

Cheers,

Jessica