[lca2018-chat] Old server available - offers?

Jill Rowling jillr at speleonics.com.au
Fri Jan 19 12:38:26 AEDT 2018

Back at the LCA conference in Canberra I thought I would ask if anyone was
interested in an Apple Mac Xserve. One person was slightly interested but it's
not free.

IU rack mount, no video, runs OSX, comes with an original kit of spare parts and
disks. Power PC chip, 8 GB RAM.
It originally cost me about A$2500 and was setup as a web server.

Any offers?
Getting OSX onto it was an interesting exercise in remote installation...

Its main use would be if your organisation already has one and needs another for
spare parts etc.

It's too big to carry and is in Thornleigh, a suburb of Sydney.
Thornleigh pickup only.

Jill

Jill Rowling