[lca2018-chat] BlueHackers BoF - scheduling

Shyam Nath shyam at shyam.id.au
Thu Jan 18 15:23:05 AEDT 2018

🖖 Hello World,

I'm not sure where I went wrong, but (if it's this) I didn't think of the blue in "BlueHackers" as in gloomy, downtrodden, and down on your luck; any"-thing" to do with (computer) hackers & colours usually has more to do with hats than emotion (also blue is the colour of my God, so I'm more positive about it). Although, I can understand why it isn't "BlackHackers", nor "DarkHackers"; but maybe "SadHackers" would be less ambiguous? It's negative though, and psychology is 100% mathematical; negative + negative = negative.

I apologise if I've offended anyone…

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER \V/,
AGENT S.
🕴
Migrating Infestive Bugs !!

---- On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 11:13:37 +1100 Arjen Lentz <arjen at openstem.com.au> wrote ----

Hi Shyam

> What kind of hackers is this for?

I understand you're not familiar with BlueHackers.

As the About page on the bluehackers.org indicates:

===

The objective of this initiative is to make visible that there are many fellow geeks among us who are intimately familiar with depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder.

It helps to know you’re not alone.

And it’s not because we’re geeks, but because we’re human.

The Australian BeyondBlue site is of course an excellent resource, but, because geeks have a specific work environment, there are also particular challenges in dealing with these issues, and that’s where we feel our group can help with additional insights, tips, and posts from others with experience.

Using the logo (our little stickers that people place on their laptop), we can also make the topic visible at meetings and conferences around the world, ensuring that indeed no geek need feel alone in this, or feel unsupported.

They can simply look around and see. Anybody is able to show their support and understanding, in a kind and non-intrusive manner.

===

regards,

Arjen.

lca2018-chat at lists.lca2018.linux.org.au