[fpga-miniconf] recent updates broke tftp for me

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Tue Jan 23 11:32:59 AEDT 2018

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 09:52:06AM +1100, Ryan Thomas wrote:
> I had this working last week, but today I decided to update and rebuild it
> with the new litex commits.
>
> Now after *make gateware; make image; scripts/build-qemu.sh* I get the
> following:
>
> Booting from network...
> Local IP : 192.168.100.50
> Remote IP: 192.168.100.100
> Fetching from: UDP/6069
>
> And it just sits there, with the qemu-system-or32 process at 100%.
>
> Any help / ideas for how to rectify this?

I have the same exact problem. I was all working, and git pull is not
working :(

Pasted comment from the doc:
I had it working until I got the new code pulled, and now it's broken for me.
aftp starts automatically on 6069, I can even talk to it and get the firmware:
saruman:~# tftp 192.168.100.100 6069
tftp> get boot.bin
Received 75050 bytes in 0.0 seconds

But the boot fails to retrieve the firmware:
+ build/arty_net_or1k//qemu/or32-softmmu/qemu-system-or32 -M litex -nographic -nodefaults -monitor telnet::10000,server,nowait -serial stdio -bios build/arty_net_or1k//software/bios/bios.bin -drive if=mtd,format=qcow2,file=build/arty_net_or1k//qemu.qcow2,serial=n25q128a13 -net nic -net tap,ifname=tap0,script=no,downscript=no -gdb tcp::10001
bitbang_ssi: init(cpol:0, cpha:0, size:8)
Using spiflash type n25q128a13
: m25p80_realize: Binding to IF_MTD drive
Resetting PC to: 0x0
: reset_memory: Reset done.

LiteX SoC BIOS (or1k)
(c) Copyright 2012-2018 Enjoy-Digital
(c) Copyright 2007-2018 M-Labs Limited
Built Jan 23 2018 11:01:33

BIOS CRC passed (9cad5b80)
Timer with delta zero, disabling
Timer with delta zero, disabling
Timer with delta zero, disabling
Initializing SDRAM...
Memtest OK
Booting from serial...
Press Q or ESC to abort boot completely.
sL5DdSMmkekro
Timer with delta zero, disabling
Timeout
Booting from network...
Local IP : 192.168.100.50
Remote IP: 192.168.100.100
Fetching from: UDP/6069
(hang)

Meanwhile aftp is running and I can still
saruman:~# tftp 192.168.100.100 6069
tftp> get boot.bin
Received 75050 bytes in 0.1 seconds

--