[fpga-miniconf] Unable to download boot.bin over TFTP

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Wed Jan 17 23:11:47 AEDT 2018

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 08:37:37AM +1030, Daryl Tester wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:58:36 +0100, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>
> > Right,
> > (LX P=arty C=or1k) saruman:~/src/fpga/litex-buildenv$ make tftpd_start
> > works too, but it was not mentioned anywhere in the doc around
> > build-qemu.sh
>
> Note that it's run as part of (I think) build-qemu.sh. It's only a problem
> when the original tftpd is still running (which bit me as well, because
> installing it also configures it for running).

I was all confused because it was my understanding too, but I just tried
again, and tftp is not running, I really checked (and it's not in
inetd anymore).

(LX P=arty C=or1k) saruman:~/src/fpga/litex-buildenv$ ./scripts/build-qemu.sh
just fails due to lack of tftpd.
If I start it with (LX P=arty C=or1k) $ make tftpd_start
then everything works.

Tim nicely included my suggestion to add some hints about tftp

Looks like I made a couple of mistaken suggestions on the doc, sorry for
those and thanks for rejecting them :)

Thanks
Marc
--