[fpga-miniconf] Unable to download boot.bin over TFTP

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Wed Jan 17 02:58:36 AEDT 2018

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 01:49:53PM +1100, Tim 'mithro' Ansell wrote:
> Hi Marc!
>
> There are a couple of options here;
>
>  (a) Use an existing tftp server and set TFTP_DIR environment variable to
> the root of the server. "make tftp" will then copy the current firmware you
> are operating on into the tftp serving directory.
>  (b) Let litex-buildenv start a tftp server for you. You can do this with
> "make tftpd_start" and "make tftpd_stop". This has the advantage that if
> you have aftpd you get debugging output on the console every time a tftp
> transfer is started.
>
> Many people have found that installing tftpd ends up with it configured to
> load automatically via inetd or xinetd which prevents the litex-buildenv
> from starting up it's own tftp server.

Right,
(LX P=arty C=or1k) saruman:~/src/fpga/litex-buildenv$ make tftpd_start
works too, but it was not mentioned anywhere in the doc around
build-qemu.sh
I've added a suggestion line to add it, see under "net booting firmware
in qemu"

See also my Error #2 suggestion in the doc

Thanks,
Marc
--
Microsoft is to operating systems ....